Monday, February 26, 2007

Little Hands and Big Heads

Earlier today, as I'm cleaning up the lunch dishes, Quinn is busying himself by playing with a robot and a racecar. He creates the following dialogue...

Robot (speaking to car): Did that baby just drop you? (Indeed, Keira had just thrown the car onto the floor from her perch in the highchair.)
Car: What's a baby?
[I can't wait to hear this, I think to myself.]
Robot: You know, they have little hands and big heads!

Ah, yes. The world according to a preschooler.

So, for your viewing pleasure this week, some photos of the small-handed/big-headed ones.

He cracks me up.....
....unless I'm trying to take his cars!

Now that he's not looking, I'm sure I can get this Mater....


Those somersaults look easy!

Huh? It wasn't me.


Stop following me! I can climb these stairs by myself!

As you can see Keira is getting along pretty well here. We've been home almost 2 months. At times, it seems like she's been with us forever; but there are plenty of times when we are reminded that this is all new. For all of us, but especially for her. For example, we had a fabulous time at a family birthday party this weekend, and she really enjoyed herself. But big social events like that are usually followed by a couple of nights of no-good sleep and a few days of extra-mommy-clinginess. We haven't yet left her with a non-parent. She's always been with either mommy or daddy. And mostly, it's been mommy. She might get her first taste of being away from both of us this Sunday at church. She hung out with me in the toddler room last Sunday and liked it a lot. New playmates; new toys. So now we will see how she likes it sans momma. I hope we are both ready for it! In the meantime, we will load up on kisses, hugs, snuggles and smiles. There are plenty to go around!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

LOL at Quinn!! Too funny!
So, Keira is a little climber too!! These babies are amazing.

Your kiddos are just beautiful.

Jill, Mike, and Jenn said...

Hi, I saw your comment on the GW site and came to your blog. we are in the newark airport waiting to board for our daughter! www.thestoryofgracie.com
are you from indy? we love visiting there, have family there.
your daughter and son are so cute in your blog!
jill, mike, and jenn and soon gracie!

Anonymous said...

I have to stop reading your blog at work... I end up running to get tissues to wipe away the happy tears every time! Your kids are beautiful!!! I am so happy to see such great progress. AND DON'T You JUST LOVE THOSE KISSES?