Tuesday, March 20, 2007

March Gladness

OK....sometimes, it really is madness around here, but I didn't want the NCAA after me for name infringement and all. (Their headquarters are right here in Indy, so who knows who is lurking where!)
Anyway, spring is about to officially arrive and we had some nice preview days last week. We all got outside to enjoy the sunshine and Miss K thought her new swing was, to quote her brother, "A Blast!!!"


As of this past Sunday, Keira is 15 months old and has been with us for 3 months. She is starting to walk more and more on her own and she is getting her sixth tooth - hence the madness sometimes, instead of gladness. Besides mama and dada and gege, she says UP! quite plainly. I think she also said thank you at dinner tonight. Really. Ask her dad. And she loves to point and blab at our dog. I think she is saying "go go dog" or something like that....maybe because Quinn likes the PD Eastman book "Go, Dog, Go!", or maybe because the Mandarin word for dog is pronounced "go" and whenever she points to Odie I say, "dog...gou...dog...."
Or maybe she's just saying "Why don't you ever let me pull his tail!??!"

Anyway, she's doing just fabulously, I think. Did I mention previously that she's hit the charts now? The growth charts, that is. She has officially gained 3 American pounds and that puts her at the 8th-percentile for her age. She is in the 25% for her height. And despite the noodle lovefest she displayed in China, she won't touch them now. What have we done? Is she an all American girl already? She wouldn't eat them the last 2 times we got Chinese food. She will, however, eat macaroni and cheese. And she ate barbecue and danced to country music when we took daddy-o out for his 40th b-day dinner. Yup...the girl's gone country. (We don't even really like country music much ourselves, but I guess there's no accounting for toddler taste!)

Well, time to slide out of here for now. I'll leave you with a little fish-lip kiss from Miss K herself:
(She's discovered recently that instead of crying when mommy tells her no, it is much better to just crawl on over and give lots of kisses.....and who am I to argue with that??!)

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh!! Kiera is just too cute!! She looks like a happy girl just like Alena.
I so hear you on the teething-Alena still has just the four front teeth, but is teething terribly right now!
Love the pics and the swing set!

Mary said...

What a cutie! Big brother looks like he thinks the swing is a blast, too!!

Enjoy the weather!! We are loving it here in Florida, too.

Sarah said...

Hi! I found your blog tonight via the "salsa connection." We're in the Fort Wayne area adopting from Taiwan. Thank for sharing your story. What cute kids!

Sarah said...

And... I just noticed on your profile page that you're a pharmacist. I'm one too, but went to Butler *Insert Purdue joke here* :) Go Butler men's basketball!

TaiwanMommy said...

Well hi there! Say, we have a Kyra too! (so it's spelled differently.. no biggie!) Your daughter reminds me of our Harper. They make the same faces. :)

I enjoyed your blog, even if I can't stand Tony Dungee! :)

hugs-
Val