Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What's Next? A Minivan?

An alternate title for this post could be: What's With This Mom and Shoes-too-small???

Yup, you guessed it. Quinn was my victim this time. I've been saying for about a month now that we need to get him new tennies. But, time slips away. And since he dresses himself now, well, I don't necessarily look at his shoes closely on a daily basis.

So this afternoon he casually says this: "Hey look - I can see my sock through my shoe."

Huh?

And sure enough, he had blown out the toes on not one, but both shoes.

OK, ok. With a small sliver of guilt leftover from the last shoe incident, I vowed that as soon as Keira got up from her nap, we would head right over to the shoe store that so deftly fit Miss K's little tootsies just the other week.

Now, here's the part where I did something I swore I'd never do: I bought him Velcro shoes. As are my feelings for minivans, so it goes for velcro: I understand its utility and can see the benefit, but it is never something I thought I'd purchase willingly on my own.

But, as it turns out, Quinn turned up his nose at the other shoes I suggested. And the one non-velcro pair we agreed on, they didn't have in his size (which, by the way, was a whole size and a half up from what he'd been wedging his feet into [surprise, surprise!]).

And then there were these:

He claimed that he loves them and wants them.
Really?
Yes.
OK. Fine.

This is what we call, in parenting circles, "Picking Your Battles". Having already had more fights than necessary over clothing these past few weeks (hey - I might not be able to detect too-small-shoes, but I can usually spot a too-small-t-shirt a mile away!), I cringed at the thought of daily fights over shoes he hates. So I caved and bought the velcro ones.

Can a minivan be far behind????

+++++++++++++++


In other family news, here is Miss K digging the sand, literally and figuratively!

And our minature golfer. Watch out Tiger Woods!


Mocking the Goldfish? Or trying to be one with the fish?...

On a Mother's Day note, I got flowers! I was beginning to think that my hubby had the impression that their sale was banned in Indiana, but alas, my concerns were for naught.

On Tuesday, Quinn's preschool class met at a local park. Parents and siblings were invited to join them. As you can see from the photo below, it was a little windy that day!

But a good time was had by all just the same.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Yes, yes, yes!! Go for the minivan!! LOL
Hehehe....we love ours!!
Love the pictures. Those kids of yours have the sweetest smiles!!