Monday, June 25, 2007

Plays Well With Others. Mostly.

Keira reminds me of me in this way (besides being stubborn and hating to be told what to do): she loves following her brother around and really just wants his attention and wants to do things with him. However, unlike me, her brother is almost 3 years older than she is (my brother is 20 months older than I) and, since she doesn't talk well yet, there's a bit of a communication gap. You know how it goes: an 18-month old want her brother's attention so she scratches him. Or takes his cars. Or bonks him on the head with a toy phone.

None of this goes over big with the brother. And I don't think Quinn is buying it when I say that she just wants to play with him. But really, she just wants to race cars with him. Or play chase. Or "build" something with him in his Bob the Builder workshop. (I, on the otherhand, found myself playing that crazy vibrating electric football game - yes, I'm dating myself here! - or playing with tractors in the sandbox and stuff like that; but it's really all the same, no? Life as the adoring little sister....)

But anyway, occasionally, I get to see my kids in moments like this, and it is just fabulous. Playing nicely together. All of their own accord.
Ahhh, that warm-fuzzy feeling of parenthood!

2 comments:

The Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Family said...

Hello - finally I could log on! Glad to read that you have pleasant memories of your childhood - OR I would feel that I failed mommyhood! Love Mom