Are you as tired of all the political spin as I am? If you're a Republican, you probably think the Democrats are full of hooey; if you're a Democrat you are up to your ears in it as well. And if you are still undecided, well, your head is probably spinning right and left! Here's a more constructive way to spend your time: Create your own little Mommy Spin Zone.
This is how it works: Take any of the day-to-day situations that make you crazy, and, well, spin them to the result of your liking. Pretty simple, eh? You'll delude yourself into thinking that your kids can do no wrong and that you are indeed Supermom. Allow me to illustrate.
Remember the Crayon-Carpet Incident of a few weeks ago? Well, now it has become the Keira and Quinn Working Together For Change! Incident....or the Keira Showing a Talent for Interior Design Incident....or the At Least They Didn't Get Their Hands on Sharpies Incident. See how this works? The results show that your kids are geniuses and that you are not incompetent but rather mother of said geniuses. Double bonus.
Here's another example: Have problems with the munckins following you everywhere? In the bathroom? On the phone? Yeah, well, it's not as irritating as you think once you become a spinmaster. You see, what is really going down here is that you are, in their eyes, the coolest kid in school (you always wanted to be, right?). You're a rock star. You are so fabulous and interesting that they can't get enough. They have to know your every move. And - this is important - they want to be like you. 

Ahh, yes. Nice, eh? What they say is true: It's all about perspective, people. All about perspective.
And, just to prove that I practice what I preach, know this. I am not about to consume a couple of scoops of high-fat, high-calorie mint chocolate chip ice cream, but rather I am about enjoy a high-calcium, osteoporosis-preventing frozen treat. See? I feel better already.
[Voice over: I'm Quinn and Keira's Mother and I approve this message.]

No comments:
Post a Comment