Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Winds of Change

The winds of change are blowing here....or, at the least 50-MPH-blow-shingles-off-your-roof winds. But other change is brewing.
Remember the last post? Miss Getting Her Own Breakfast?
Well, she's now Miss Answer the Phone and Keep Track of the Household. In other words, I think she's gunning for my job!

A couple of days ago, I call the house as I'm on my way home (yes, on my cell, while driving, still legal here....oh come on, you know you do it, too!). This is my usual practice. The I'm-on-my-way-What-are-we-having-for-dinner phone call. The difference is that this time, Keira answers. At first I think that her dad must've handed her the phone so she could chat with me (our house phones are set with "special" rings for me, hubby, and grandma, so they know right off who is calling). But, as the conversation continues, I realize that nope - Keira found and answered the phone all on her own. Those of you who know me well (and therefore know my sense that I must control everything) realize the gravity of this: my 3-year old was on her own with a phone! The trouble that could come from this! I shudder at the thought! And, this part goes without saying: where is the supervising adult???

Anyway, not only does she answer, but she proceeds to tell me everything that is going on in the house (hence answering my unspoken question about the whereabouts of her father): Q playing his Nintendo DS, Daddy in the laundry room (he redeems himself!), and kitty downstairs. When I ask what she's doing, she simply replies, "Talkin' to you, momma."

Alrighty. Enough said. Not only are her organization skills impressive, but she answers truthfully and succinctly. Probably overqualified for politics, but some greatness awaits, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Send her my way to train my family!! LOL What a beautiful family you have.

Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself on my blog. I'm looking forward to reading more about you and your family.

Lisa