
The Adoption Rumor Mill today is not loaded with good cheer, if you happen to be a prospective AP (adoptive parent) with an 8/24/05 LID. There is still some glimmer of hope for us, but there are signs that the cutoff will be 8/23. So, that - coupled with the depressing state of our basement - led me to grab my son and flee. We headed to a park across town (hey - any getaway is better than nothing!), played for while, and then hit Handel's for a little taste of the good stuff. We shared a scoop of pumpkin swirl (yummm) and a scoop of chocolate, then headed home with happy bellies.
Then, to perk me up some more, I found a package on our front porch. From ModernTots. My
order had been backordered for so long, I almost forgot about it. So this was a nice surprise. Q was thrilled with his set of chopstick helpers and suggested we get pork fried rice for dinner. I like how this kid thinks. And we can't wait for his mei-mei to get here so she can
practice with hers. And in reality, I should have ordered some for myself, as I am none too nimble with kuaizi [chopsticks], but I try. I hope munchkin won't be put out if she discovers upon her arrival that hers have been a little, um, used.


1 comment:
What a difference a few days makes. I am so sorry to hear about your basement. Just what you needed during this crazy time. I am feeling pretty positive that we will see those beautiful faces very soon!
Maybe you and Quinn will need to make a trip back for more icecream to celebrate your referral?!? Heck, any excuse works right now!!
Can't wait for the next few days to get here!!
Post a Comment