
Remember that Name Game Song? Really, really, way before my time, but a catchy little tune with all that rhyming. Well, when discussing names for the kids, before they made their appearances in our lives, hubby fulfilled a role similar to the singer of that song....rhyming all the possible names on our (my) list, coming up with any possible bad playground nicknames. And once a bad-actor was found, the name was ceremoniously scratched from consideration.
I'll admit, at times I thought it was overkill, but after our day at the park earlier this week, I'm betting the mom we met wished her husband was as thorough. And here's why: we met a boy named Tucker.
He and his little brother were playing nicely at a nearby park when we arrived.
My son, who somehow got the recessive out-going personality gene, introduces himself to the boy, and then asks the boy his name and his age. Upon discovering they were close in age (heaven forbid a 5 year old play with a 3 year old), Quinn and Tucker begin some Power-Rangering on the playground while the younger siblings try diligently to keep up.
Minutes after the new-found friends depart, Q notes that he had fun playing with that new boy, Sucker.Me: What did you call him?
Q: Sucker. You know, mom, like a lollipop. Some people call them suckers.
Me: Oh. Yeah. Well, I think his name was Tucker.
Q: Hmm. Ok. I thought it was Soccer at first, but then I decided Sucker.
Me (in my head): That worked out about as well as it could have....

Of course, me with a daughter named Keira....a name I have to constantly spell and teach others how to pronounce (Keira-Keira-bo-beer-uh...), should hardly be giving naming advice!

Of course, me with a daughter named Keira....a name I have to constantly spell and teach others how to pronounce (Keira-Keira-bo-beer-uh...), should hardly be giving naming advice!
* * * * * * * * *
All that naming business aside, we had a great time at the park. The weather was great (and so now I can finally stop complaining about spring's elusiveness)! As you can see in one pic, Keira is very fond of going down the slide w/o holding on. She often throws her hands in the air and squeals the whole way down. We foresee a future roller-coaster dare-devil . Toward the end of our time there, she actually started walking (walking!) a few steps down the slide, before falling to her bottom and sliding the rest of the way. Sheesh.
Other highlights......catching Quinn on camera sneaking back to the stroller to steal some of Keira's Goldfish snacks. (He'd already eaten all his fruit snacks.)




1 comment:
Great pictures! What a beautiful day. :)
Post a Comment