So, what's the protocol here? You know, when you haven't posted in about ages and suddenly you show back up.
Do I go on acting like I was never really gone for 3+ weeks? Post a litany of excuses? Try to smooth it all with cute photos?
Well, scratch that last idea. I haven't downloaded any photos since the last time I posted. Heck, I haven't even really taken any photos since I last posted. Yeah, its that bad.
Well, OK, not really. But it did all start (the blog-out) with a really sad event: Hubby's dad passed away on October 31.
H had gone up to visit his dad earlier in the day, but didn't quite make it there in time. He waited to tell me until later that evening, so as not to ruin the trick-or-treat fun for our little goblins. This would be our 3rd funeral in a year's time (H's bro and dad, my granny; and well, make that 4, if you count the loss of our super pooch in Feb). The week that followed was an exhausting week in many ways - mentally, emotionally, physically (that stems from trying to get 2 kids to stop.running.in.the.funeral.home!). And just when we were getting our groove back, so to speak, H was gone for the weekend again (to help siblings sort through his dad's stuff) and then I started back to work full-time.
So, needless to say, things have felt a little inside-outside-upside down.
But, better days are ahead, I'm sure of it. Starting with Thursday and some of my mom's yummy home cooking.
Nothing like turkey, dressing, and pumpkin pie to cure what ails you.
So faithful readers, the 3 or 4 of you left, fear not. I shall reward you with fine photos and turkey tales in the near future. Just not now.
OK, fine. Here's a photo to tide you over. Since you've been so patient and all....

1 comment:
I'm so sorry. What a tough time for you all. Keira is as adorable as ever and I love the top she has on!
Post a Comment