Friday, July 21, 2006

What's a Waiting Mom to Do?

Friday night, husband working, son asleep...what the waiting mom to do? Take advantage of quiet time to brush up on my Mandarin? (Love, love Chinespod.com) Read about attachment and bonding? Make packing lists? Read the Rumor Queen site another 5 times? Do the dishes? Pack for upcoming vacation? Oh so much to do and, well, not doing it. Instead, sulking in the likelihood that there will be no "All of July in July" (and therefore no "all of August in August"). And sulking in the likelihood that we won't see our daughter's face until October, best case. So, instead of all those constructive things I could do, I make some popcorn (with real butter and salt...nothing low-fat for true pouters), read a little (woo-hoo Jennifer Weiner; need a new best friend?), and watch some "What Not To Wear" on the side (not that I need to...heavens no....I'm giving away all my "mommy-jeans").
And tomorrow, my friends, is another day...

No comments: