Saturday, August 19, 2006

It's Been Almost One Year....

...since our dossier was logged in at the China Center of Adoption Affairs (LID 8/24/05). And like all red-blooded a-parents to-be, I'm getting antsy. And occasionally cranky. But, thankfully, I have a very entertaining 3 year old who has a knack for saying funny things just when I need it most. For instance (his new favorite phrase), at dinner tonight I'm feeling a little blue, just cuz. We are enjoying some tri-color rotini with tomato sauce. (Yes, we live in Indiana, where it is a law that all summer meals must contain tomatoes and/or corn.) Anyway, Q informs me that the green twirly pasta "tastes funky". Of course I cracked up. I didn't know he knew the word funky, but as long as he pronounces the "n" in the middle, I'm fine with him using it liberally. Small child using "funky" at dinner table rates a LF (laugh factor) of 8 out of 10.
Another example: Tonight at bedtime, I say that I'm going to be reading the stories instead of daddy. Q's reply? "I don't think so, Tim" (in his perfect Al from Home Improvement imitation). I was caught so off-guard that a) I laughed and b) I let daddy read the stories (even though it was my turn). LF = 10. [And by the way, Q doesn't regularly watch Home Improvement reruns - he's a Dora and Diego and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan, but I guess he has heard his dad say it often enough.] All I can say is Thank Heaven for Little Boys. Now, if only our little girl would get here too.....

1 comment:

Mary said...

How cute is HE!!! Those stories are fantastic! I can't wait to hear what he has to say about his sister one day soon. I am sure you are going to have many LF 10 days. Q sounds like he has a great sense of humor!

Come on referrals!!!