Well, 1 year since we were logged in at the CCAA. When we got our LID last year, I had no idea that one whole year later we would still be waiting for referral. At the rate things were going then, we should have been home from China with our baby months ago. But, last fall things started slowing down. I kept hoping it was only temporary and that it would pick up soon. It didn't. It seemed to get worse. Then a little better. But with some referrals that came in today, it seems that it has gotten worse again. Only a about a week's worth of LIDs referred??! Ugh! I am NOT liking this. But, what can we do but wait until it's our turn? True, I could sulk a little bit, which I may do with fellow August LIDs, but other than that, no one really cares or can sympathize. Sigh. I had finally (I thought) come to grips with the wholealomst-a-half-month at a time thing, thinking that OK - referral in October and travel in Dec would be alright. But now?! Who knows. I think it will be a sad, sad holiday season. Thank goodness for Q, who will keep me plenty busy, or otherwise I might crawl into a cave and not come out until we have some photos of this long awaited child!
OK - no more pouting posts. Only Bright Side posts from here on out. Really. Beginning tomorrow. :-) I might even change the name of the blog in order to inspire me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bryn,
You really summed up how I am feeling. Today I am really feeling down, frustrated and... well, confused. Keep in touch! We will help each other through this horrendous wait.
Mary
Post a Comment