Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Stand-Off Continues

No - not between Keira and Quinn or K and her parents. The stand-off between our computer and the digital camera. They apparently hate each other right now and refuse to speak to one another. So, I cannot download the super cute pix of Miss K in her little Colts cheerleader outfit (fabulous gift from her youngest aunt --- xiexie!). She was all decked out for Saturday's showdown between the Colts and the evil Baltimore Ravens. We all know how that turned out. Score another one for the good guys. I am hoping the camera and the laptop can settle their differences soon so we can post some pix in time to bring on good karma for Sunday's showdown versus the also evil Patriots. Until then, here are a few parting thoughts:
1. She called me mama! I was putting her in her PJs on Saturday evening and she looked up at me, smiled, and said mama! Yippee. I gave her big kisses and hugs. And she did it again. Of course, she hasn't done it since, but we are making progress. And I thought the Colts win Saturday was a big deal. This was even better.
2. I may have spoken too quickly about how well she has been sleeping. All in all, still better than I thought. And still in bed some days til almost 9am! However, a new habit has appeared: waking up about 1-2 hours after going to bed, and refusing to close her little peepers for another 1-2 hours! She's the drowsiest looking girl, but those eyelids won't shut. Thankfully, this doesn't occur at 2 or 3 am. But still. The trade-off is that I get these adoring little stares. And periodic smiles. And pokes at my chest to "wake" me up. Apparently me closing my eyes to show her how it is done is not making much of an impression.
3. On a non-baby note, this to the city of Baltimore and the media in general: Stop it already! The Colts have been here since 1984. Granted, leaving in the middle of the night was probably not Mr. Irsay's greatest idea, but it is done. Stop talking about it. And, for the love of pete, would someone please remind them that they stole a team only a few years back! They are playing with the Cleveland Browns. As former Indy Mayor Hudnut commented on game-day, "....get a life!"

No comments: