Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Welcome to Mister Rogers' (Blue) Neighborhood

As the Super Bowl hype continues to build, our good friends at the Indianapolis Star keep us informed on what the other guys (knuckleheads in the Second City....or rather, the 3rd or 4th city by now...) are saying about us and our team. The other day, a tribune columnist called Indy the Mister Rogers of metropolises. Hey, we've been called worse. He went on the describe how troubling all the niceness between Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith is. (Thank goodness it isn't our coach named Lovie, or we'd really hear it!) And he went on to list a few others things that were weighing on his mind, trying to stir up a little trash talk. I was going to go on and on about the fact that this is what's wrong with the world today - people have trouble with nice. But instead, since we are all for having fun and playing games around here, please find below, as un-nice as they could be, the thoughts of my kids on the evil Chicago Bears:

Nevermind that the entirety of their dad's side of the family lives in or around Chicago. These kids call a spade a spade, a Colt a winner, and a Bear a big loser. Geniuses already, eh?
And here is Quinn's prediction for the big game: Colts 40, Bears 1.
GO COLTS!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh!! That's hysterical! Love the pics of the kids-classic!!

buggles12345 said...

Hello Aunt B, Uncle C, and Cousins Q and K,

I'm rather conflicted because I usually consider myself a fan of both the Bears and the Colts. After seeing the pictures of the young fans, I was tempted to stay part of the Blue Crew. This Sunday, however, I will be rooting for DA BEARS! Of course, I still would like to wish good luck to you guys, all Colts fans, and the Colts. You will certainly need it come Sunday.

Love,
Doug

P.S. To be honest, I wouldn't be completely heartbroken if the Colts won. In any case, I'm sure that it will be a great game...for the Bears D.

Anonymous said...

Look at that little peanut!!! Looks as if you guys are doing well! Your blog is great! I really enjoyed reading it... I even got teary when I read all your posts from while we were all there... sigh... memorieeessss!