OK ladies - admit it (or at least lie about it to make me feel better): you've all put that little item on your honey-do list that you claim will only take a few minutes, and then hours later you are hoping he isn't outside some where, still working on said-project, cursing your name. Right? Right?
******************
And see below - it worked out so well. K is loving the LRP, with only a few inches of water. No more sitting up to her neck in H2O. She now splashes on her belly, blows bubbles in the water, and kicks like crazy. Quinn enjoyed his time in NP, but turned away the paparazzi. What he really wanted captured on film was him swinging. Yup, boy genius finally mastered the art of swinging himself. I still give couple of pushes to start, but then he is off on his own! He is so pleased with himself and so am I. What will I do with all this extra time now that I only have 1 kid to push?? Perhaps I'll make hubby another list....!
Well, it happened here (again) today. Just blow up that pool when you have a chance, dear, I say. It is supposed to be hot tomorrow and I think Q would like to use the new pool.
Now, the "new" pool I speak of was not hubby's idea in the first place. And I don't think he really was all for it either (although I thought it a brilliant plan). But he kept his mouth shut and went along with the excitement Q and I shared. See, Little Round Pool was a bit small for 2 kids to have maximum fun. Plus, 4-year olds like higher water levels than 18-month olds really need. So, the 2 pool idea was hatched: leave Little Round Pool for K (filled to appropriate level for her) and get bigger pool (aka New Pool) for Q. Sounds fine, eh? It did to me. Especially since said New Pool was on sale last week at my fav local shopping destination (think round, red circles).
But today...well...let's just say that hubby and NP are not best of friends. NP's directions (at least I read them, not sure about the old man) lead you to believe that any old hand pump will do. The reality is, well, it won't do. Although it expressly forbids anything "high powered" lest you blow out the sides of New (cheap) Pool. So, hours later, and some good ol-fashioned lung power later, NP is ready for action. And here she is, sitting next to LRP. Now, add water, a couple of kiddos laden in SPF 50, a hot Indiana afternoon, and we'll be good to go.
But today...well...let's just say that hubby and NP are not best of friends. NP's directions (at least I read them, not sure about the old man) lead you to believe that any old hand pump will do. The reality is, well, it won't do. Although it expressly forbids anything "high powered" lest you blow out the sides of New (cheap) Pool. So, hours later, and some good ol-fashioned lung power later, NP is ready for action. And here she is, sitting next to LRP. Now, add water, a couple of kiddos laden in SPF 50, a hot Indiana afternoon, and we'll be good to go.
Hubby, on the other hand, is left wondering why I don't just take the kids down the street to the neighborhood pool. But that, is a discussion for another time.
******************
And see below - it worked out so well. K is loving the LRP, with only a few inches of water. No more sitting up to her neck in H2O. She now splashes on her belly, blows bubbles in the water, and kicks like crazy. Quinn enjoyed his time in NP, but turned away the paparazzi. What he really wanted captured on film was him swinging. Yup, boy genius finally mastered the art of swinging himself. I still give couple of pushes to start, but then he is off on his own! He is so pleased with himself and so am I. What will I do with all this extra time now that I only have 1 kid to push?? Perhaps I'll make hubby another list....!




1 comment:
LOL! Chris is a good sport and the kiddos are HAPPY!! Way to go!
Thankfully, Fred gets himself caught up in "projects" without my help!!!
Post a Comment