Thursday, September 13, 2007

Time Flies When You're Havin' Fun!

Although it is officially still summer according to the calendar, it has been a bit cooler here, school's started, football is in full swing....so it must be fall!
We had a busy last few weeks of summer. On the somewhat-official-end-of-summer weekend (Labor Day), we took the kids to Conner Prairie for the last of the summer concert series there. The first half of the summer they feature ISO concerts. The second half of the schedule includes different musical acts each weekend. On Labor Day weekend, the River City Brass Band was playing. Although I typically try to avoid all things Pittsburgh, these guys were good. Even the kids enjoyed themselves. Keira danced to the music and Quinn proclaimed "Great idea, Mommy!" when it was all over. I'm pretty sure that was post-fireworks-display euphoria speaking there, but I'll take the praise anyway I can get it.
Here's a picture of Mr. Oreo Face himself:
He was working on a "sticker project". The only real way to get the kids to sit through a concert like this is to bring stickers, coloring books, a zillion snacks, bubbles, flashlights, cars, and on and on and on.
As the evening wore on, Little Miss Dancing Queen chilled out. We could hardly believe it -- she's usually go-go-go to the very end -- so we had to capture it on film. She was so snuggly with me; I wanted to freeze this moment forever.
Prior to LD weekend, there was the small matter of my birthday weekend. :-) Here's my b-day present...happy, smiling kids. No fighting, no grouching. This may be the cake talking, but I'm willing to look past that and think that my newly-learned Siblings Without Rivalry skills are kicking in. (Yeah, right. Keira bit Quinn today and hit him about 15 times, so there goes that theory!)By the way, I share my b-day with the likes of Marvin Harrison (greatest receiver in the NFL, if you don't know that already) and Sean Connery. Also, Regis Philbin and Rachel Ray. Two of us are quiet, two have big mouths, and one has a fab Scottish accent. I'm sure you can figure out who's who, riiiight??? (Be nice here, people!) :-)
And on that note, I think I'll retire for the evening. Afterall, I'm a year older and I can't stay up and blog into the wee hours of the evening anymore.
That, and Burn Notice is on soon. (Yes - I'm still a slave to the TV. Old habits die hard.....or you can't teach an old dog new tricks - take your pick.)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday... though late
Happy Birthday to You!


Another thing we have in common... September birthdays! Mine is the 22nd..

The kids look adorable in the pictures! I always love seeing them together, but today I am just so taken with the solo shots! What beauty babies!!!