Saturday, September 29, 2007

New Kid on the Block

Well, it's official. Princess Keira has been dethroned. A new princess arrived in the family last Friday. When I told Quinn last Friday that it was the day the baby was coming, he asked if the baby would be born or adopted. How sweeeet, I thought. The baby will be born to Aunt D, I said; Remember it was in her tummy? He replies: Yea, that's good....but I'm glad we adopted Keira, Mommy. Oh yeah, buddy, me too!

So, anyway - back to the baby....And yes, I'm a bit late in posting this, but dethroned princesses are high maintenance! Although in the pic to the right, she looks at peace with it, eh?? heh, heh!
Nonetheless, Congrats to my baby sis and her hubby!! :-) And what the heck, while I'm doling out family greetings and such, Happy Belated Birthday to my other sis (meant in the kindest possible way) and nephew #2 on my hubby's side. They both share a b-day with the new princess, so the 21st will be a partying day, now more than ever. Also, happy b-day today to Chris' bro #1.

Now, with the family niceties out of the way, here's the scoop on the new little one. She's cute. And she still sleeps alot (says me, who does not live with her!).
For the last 9 months, we've been referring to this baby, fondly, as the tie-breaker. On my side of the family, my sisters and I each had a son and a daughter, in that order. So, this baby would be baby #3 for sister #3. This baby would also break the tie. This was especially important to my 4 year old son, who mistakenly thinks boys rule and can do "way more than girls". So, along she came last week. And for those of you keeping score at home, that's 4 girls and 3 boys, as far as the new generation goes. This was a bit of a blow to Q, who somehow tried to come up with another male cousin to even the score, but to no avail. (When I informed him that the "score" on daddy's side of the family is 7-2 in favor of boys, he thought that was much better!)
Anyway, below is a pic of new Princess A along with her adoring cousin.

Keira could not get enough of this baby! She was initially irritated with me when I kept moving her away. She wanted to touch the baby, hold the baby, kiss the baby. The older cousins were getting a turn to hold A and Keira was getting pulled away by me. When you are older, I said. Hmmmph, she said (crossing arms).

So, she did what any self-respecting dethroned princess does - she took it up with Grandma. And sure enough, I was only out of the room for 2 minutes and then returned to find the above. Keira, as you can see, gives a victorious smile. She was pleased as punch. And looked cute doing so, if I do say so myself.

Now, I say all this proves that Keira really wants to be a big sister.
Chris, rolling his eyes at me, says it proves she'll be a great babysitter.

What do you think? The comment box is open......

[By the way, I would post a pic of Q with the baby, except I don't have one. He was so anxious to meet the baby and see her face, but when we got there, he didn't want to hold her. Later I found out his concern: Does she scratch? he asked. Ahhhh, a little bit of K goes a long way. I assured him that this baby wouldn't scratch, but he still kept his distance, just to play it safe.]

2 comments:

Jenni said...

First, she looks beautiful in that Peace shirt. I love it!!
Second, she looks like she would make a PERFECT big sister, who would love to babysit him/her!!

tinylittlelibrarian said...

Babies are so cute with babies, aren't they? My 18 month-old niece loves to pat (a bit vigorously) her new baby brother and give him big slobbery kisses.