Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Two...Moo...Blue

Those 3 words don't have a whole lot in common, other than rhyming and describing a little bit about what is going on around here....

TWO. As in, Keira will be 2 years old in about 2 months. And her words are coming fast and furious, 2 by 2. She speaks in 2-word phrases a lot more. She's been saying some 2-word phrases for a while now. Mostly repeating things she hears: Mommy mine (from her fav book), love you, oh wow!....you get the idea. A couple of weeks ago, she came up with her own: Ball mine! Since then, she's added many more 2-word Keira-isms, like "no way", "no bite" and "no try". All favorite dinner-time mottos for the Mighty One. Recently, she upped the ante and began speaking in 3-word phrases. Her first: No, Mommy, No! in response to me putting the kibosh on her super-extended hand-washing ritual. She's also said "no try bite" or "no like bite"...we aren't sure which. Not that it matters, we got the hint. In addition to the words which are somewhat decipherable, she babbles on and tells us many, many [ahem] important things. None of which I can figure out, but to which I almost always reply "Is that right?" This drives Quinn crazy. He doesn't understand why I'd reply in the affirmative to something I really have no idea about. My guess is, in about 30 years, he'll be doing the same thing.

MOO. A few weekends ago, we attended the Country Fair at Conner Prairie. The weather was great. We ate great food. Well, make that we grown-ups ate great food. The kids wanted nothing to do with BBQ pork, fresh apple crisp, and kettle corn. Go figure. Q was happy with a hot dog and Keira survived on fumes. They were most happy about checking out the farm animals. Although they primarily kept to looking, not touching. Of course, as I mentioned before, these kids are city all the way. Remember this? Well, here's my country boy again, amazed at the livestock.
He didn't want to get too close to the head, but was ok to pet the rump of what will some day be some pretty tasty roast beef or hamburger or sirloin. Later, Q and his sis saddled up. This is as close as they wanted to get to anything horse-like.
All in all, it was a fun day. And even better once we capped it off with a caramel apple. Yummy!
If you live close by, it's not to late to visit the CP Apple Store to get your own. They are open through November 4 and we grown-ups are plotting a return visit just for this treat. An apple a day....

And now. The last of the "oooo" words.
BLUE. And this time, not Blue as in COLTS. But Blue as in Blue Man Group. Oh yeah, hubby and I are having an official date on Friday night. And we are seeing the BMG here in Indy. It's a surprise for Chris. Obviously I'm banking on the fact that he'll keep up his not-so-religious blog-perusing schedule; and therefore won't see this til after the fact. Not only did I get tickets for this mystery date and take measures to be sure he didn't have to work Friday night, but I also got us a real, non-grandparental babysitter. This is rare for us. I'm so proud of my skillls. (Ha!)
With this under my belt, there's no telling what I'm capable of next. Watch out. And watch this space!
So that about wraps it up from here for now. Have a good weekend, kind readers. And when all else seems unpredictable, know this for certain: After this weekend, the Colts will STILL be undefeated. Mark my words.

1 comment:

Liene said...

Keira is almost exactly 2 yrs younger than Eriks. He'll be 4 in just under 2 months now. It was 2 months yesterday (17th).

I haven't been to Conner Prairie in forever but loved going on field trips there as a kid. I was always in amazement as to how people survived back in those days. And look at how much farther we've come in 20 yrs since I was a kid in school.