Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Blog, Schmog

Now that summer is basically half over, I think it's time for a look at just what in the heck has been going on here. We know what hasn't been going here, and that's blogging. My record so far during these summer days is about as dismal as that of the Reds. Sigh. But before getting too depressed, let me just move on to the excuses and the photos. Here we go.
I haven't been blogging because we've been.....

...at Disney.
OK - you all already knew this. It's been over a month now, so I've got to wipe that off my excuses list.
....busy telling the kids we aren't going back to Disney just yet. As you can see below, Keira is more than ready. The morning after we got back from sunny Florida, K put on her "Pin-cess hat" and "pack-pack" and declared herself "All set, mama! Kiki go tea cups! Kiki see Paw-paw!"

....touching sharks! At our zoo here in Indy, you can touch sharks. And Quinn did it a few weeks ago. About 10 times, no less. He would've gone for more, but his nervous mother ushered him and his increasingly brave sister from the Oceans exhibit before a certain little Asian delicacy flipped herself into the tank!
...celebrating Keira's half-birthday! We try to make it a little something special, since her actual b-day is amidst the hub-bub of Christmas. Of course, this year, our idea of something special was letting her eat all the "Fench Fies" (Rs optional in K-speak) she wanted at Red Robin (yumm-ola!) and then coming home and disguising leftover Quinn bday ice cream cake as a little slice of heaven for a 2.5 year old. With Spiderman sliced off and long ago eaten, this well-preserved piece of Oreo ice cream cake was just the ticket.

....at the movies! With a few rainy weekend days around here, I've had the chance to take Quinn to see a couple of movies. We saw Kung Fu Panda (just a mommy-son outing), and we also got to see WALL-E with friends the week after. In a head-to-head match-up between the panda and the robot, Q gives the edge to Wall-e, but I have to go with the panda. But you can't lose with either. I have a feeling both DVDs will end up on somebody's X-mas list.

....playing dress-up! Here is the lovely Princess Keira, still in post-Disney euphoria. (Don't worry Cousin M - we are taking good care of your Cinderella costume and will return it soon! Thanks for the loan!)
But mostly this summer, we are just plain ol' hanging out.
Hope you all are having just as much fun as we are.
I can't wait to see what's in store for the second half.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

What great pictures! It's been a terrific summer. :)

Anonymous said...

Why do I always tear up when I read your posts? (sniff) What a fun summer you guys are having!