Monday, August 25, 2008

I Was So Tired I Almost Fell Asleep in School Today!

This is not what you want to hear your kid say, first thing off the bus. Yet, it is a direct quote from my son. Today, 3:02pm. Sheesh. Apparently, his near-brush with school-time slumber came at the end of the day, waiting in his classroom for the "bus kids" to have their turn leaving class. So it is not like he was falling asleep during "morning work" or anything, while practicing his Ss today (ironically, they learned to write Ss today....as in, S is for sleep!).

Anyway, before I had a chance to say that Hey buddy, looks like we will definitely go to be bed earlier tonight, he assured me that now, he was no longer tired (Um, yeah. Right.) and that he didn't need to get to bed earlier (Wow - am I that predictable?! They get good at this so fast!).

Tomorrow night is Meet the Teacher night, and so at this point, I'm crossing my fingers that we don't get pulled aside and given a little what's what about proper sleep habits. I'm hoping to keep my parental green card (and not the dreaded yellow or *gasp* red card the kids get for objectinable behavior).

Oh, and last week I asked Quinn to name the best three things about his day. (I'm trying to follow all those how-to-get-your-kids-to-talk tips and not ask yes/no questions.) Here is what he had to say: 1. We had recess; 2. We had corndogs for lunch; and 3. I got to ride the bus.

So there you have it. Kindergarten highlights from the trenches. And nary a mention of reading, writing, or 'rithmetic.

And while I don't have pix of the sleeping prince in action, I thought I'd post a photo of Q and K doing their best Michael P and Natalie C impersonations (a little Olympics withdrawal going on here).


Oh, and lastly, before I forget (hold the age jokes): thanks to all for the various b-day greetings I got today. You all rock. I will reply personally to each heartfelt message (including the helpful tips on aging from my sorta fav BIL) soon. I would've replied to you all earlier today, but, well, I've been going on and on in my blog instead....and before this whole blogging deal I was (are you ready for this?) playing with the awesome new Wii FIT (yes, let me shout that: WII FIT!!!!!!) that I got from my super-awesome super-resourceful hubby! Ladies, hear this: dropping major hints beginning 3 months before your bday is a good thing. Said often enough, it all sinks in.

1 comment:

CC said...

Hey BB - how do you like the Wii Fit?? I would really like to get one, but want to make sure I would really use it and that it is functional...

Thanks,
CC