Friday, August 01, 2008

Quit Being Such a Salsa Hog!

I'll take Overheard at Q&K's House for $200, Alex.
Answer: The family member who uttered the title quote.
You, playing along at home: Who is.....the man of the house?
Alex: Correct.
You: I'll take Overheard for $400, Alex.
Alex: The family member to whom the quote was directed.
You: Who is....Quinn?
Alex: Sorry, that's incorrect.
Another player rings in: Who is....the lady of the house?
Alex: Sorry, that is also incorrect. The correct answer is KEIRA.

How can that be, you say? Keira - the salsa hog? You've always been told Keira eats nothing but Goldfish, yogurt, and mac-n-cheese. Nary a fruit or vegetable to pass her lips. How could she be the one who is inhaling mass quantities of salsa, nothing but loads and loads of veggies and spices?
Well, let me set the record straight. She does eat some veggies - if you count zucchini bread, spinach and artichoke dip, and breaded eggplant as vegetables. And yes, she does like salsa. But until tonight, I didn't know just how much.
We had been getting Garden Fresh Salsa by the tub-full at Costco. She liked it alright, enjoying the crispy chips just as much. But tonight, we tried Trader Joe's Fresh Mild Salsa. And she not only liked it, she hogged the container. She kept standing up in her chair to reach across the table for more. She rationed her chips, biting off just the part with salsa and then standing to dip again. (The $600 answer would've been: The family member at the end of the "Hey - you're double-dipping!" accusation.) And, to top it off, by the end of the meal (yes, we were having chips and salsa as part of a Friday night hodge-podge) she was, well, you check it out....

As they say, Good to the last drop!

2 comments:

Liene said...

You've got to be kidding!!! Granted I like salsa but watching her drink it down made me a little queasy.

Too funny. You can't get K to eat fruits or veggies and I can't get Eriks to eat meat. Almost 5 yrs old and heading towards vegan life!

Sarah said...

I could drink down fresh salas just like Miss K. LOVE it! When I used to work for Marsh they had 4 varieties of fresh salsa in the deli case and I'd bring home at two a week sometimes. I'll have to try Miss K's favorite if I'm ever near a Trader Jo's.