
Tonight, during the portion of mealtime conversation that I like to call Mom's Summary of Things to Come or What's Up for the Week, I reminded the kids that not tomorrow, but the next day was....
Keira's Birthday! Quinn shouts.
And then the day after that....? I ask.
Silence.
So I help out. "Keira's uhhh...."
Adoption Day! Again, Q with the right answer.
Keira says: "Doption?"
Before I have a chance to answer, Professor Quinn says this: "Keira. Adoption is when...well, see I was born in mommy's tummy and you were adopted. You were born in another mom's tummy, like I was born to mommy's tummy, but your first mom and dad couldn't take care of you and we had room in our hearts and in our house to love another sibling so we adopted you."
Boom. Just like that. K's story in 10 seconds or less.
Pretty well done, I think. He must listen to some of what I say, here and there. (The room-in-our-hearts-to-love-another is my line, by the way, in case you were wondering.)
And to think, I've been spending all this time trying to eloquently write out a life story for Keira when I could've just asked Quinn.
Next thing you know, the boy will be blogging.
Watch this space.....

1 comment:
As I have said before, I just can't read your blog without crying...happy tears, of course! Merry and happy! Happy 2 years!!! We were home 2 years ago today!!!! Feels just like yesterday!
Post a Comment