Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What Were You Doing Two Years Ago Today?

Me? I was freezing my tail off on the Great Wall of China, among other things.

Yup, it's that time of year when I take a trip down memory lane.

We left for China to get Keira 2 years ago on December 14 (which was a Thursday in 2006). And after a day of travel and the time change, we ended up landing in China late on the 15th and touring Beijing on the 16th. For the fun of it, I re-read my blog post from that day. Apparently we got updates on the kiddos then. Keira's update listed her as restless, energetic, with a sweet smile. I didn't know it then, but they really nailed it.
I honestly didn't put much stock in the orphanage generated "personality information" at the time, but looking back at that and the initial profile we got, it was all amazingly on the nose. Perhaps I underestimated them.
But I'll never underestimate the Mighty K. As she reminds me daily, "I can do it, Mama."
Yes, dear. No matter what it is, I'm sure you can. You already have.

1 comment:

Liene said...

How sweet. I can't wait for it to be our turn.