Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Is It Just Me.....

Is it just me, or do dads always come home just when you are having a "mommy-moment" courtesy of, say, a 2-year old flinging half-eaten Goldfish everywhere? Why don't they come home as you joyfully play hide-n-seek for the 10th time that day? Or when you are all happily making and baking animal-shaped tortilla chips? Or when you lovingly help put together the Dora puzzle for the 28th time that day?
Why?
Why?
Why?








Is it just me, or does it somehow seem funny to see a woman driving a car with a "Kids First" license plate and an "NRA MAMA" bumper sticker? Does a pistol-packin' mama really put kids first?

Is it just me, or is it also ironic to see another woman in another car, with "In God We Trust" license plates, smoking a cigarette while hauling a couple of small children in back? I'm glad she trusts in God....she'll need Her help when those kids get asthma or other assorted diseases, courtesy of mom's second-hand smoke.

Is it just me, or does John McCain really never move his jaw when he talks? Are his teeth permanently clenched? Does he have ventriloquism talents I'm unaware of?

Is it just me, or is anyone else out there sick of the pervasive abuse of the apostrophe? People: listen up. Do NOT put an apostrophe in plural words! See what I just typed? Words. Not word's. Don't put on your website "Let us manage your photo's!" or sign Christmas cards "The Hacker's" or write on my grocery list that we need "apple's". Arrrgh!! Save the apostrophe for possessive words or contractions. I could go on and on, but since I'm not an English teacher - just an annoyed citizen - I'll leave you with these links in case you need to brush up! :-) So check here or here or here if you feel so inclined. And I'm only offering this help because I love ya.

Lastly, for now anyway, is it just me, or are these two of the cutest bikers around?







1 comment:

CC said...

You crack me up!

Okay, animal-shaped tortilla chips! I didn't even know one could make tortilla chips, let alone make them look all cute. Please, share the wealth with this pathetic mommy. How do I do that?!!! My kids would think I was a hero!

No apostrophe, not even on chipS :)

Hugs,
CC