
Our United Frequent Flyer Mileage bank will go from zero to over 9000 in the matter of a day. Since some of you asked, here are some stats about the trip:
From Indy to Beijing, by way of Chicago and Hong Kong, it is about 9200 miles.
We will be in the air a little over 20 hours total.
And if you include airport time, total travel time will be a bit over 26 hours.
And that's assuming it all goes on schedule. I will not post any snide remarks here about the airline industry, on-time ratings, or lost luggage statistics, lest I anger the gods of flight. I will say, however, that other than meeting Keira on Monday, my happiest moment may indeed be the moment I realize that our checked suitcase did actually follow us from Indiana all the way to China.
Thanks to all who have called or e-mailed to wish us well. We really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
No thanks to those of you who threaten to make Q a Bengals fan by the time we return. Remember that Santa is watching and I'd hate for a lump of coal to come your way!
Next time, the writings will be from the east. Zai jian!

1 comment:
You have been in my thoughts and prayers all day today! I had not had a chance to preview your blog, but was hoping nothing had changed since our last talk! God Speed in the coming weeks! deb
Post a Comment