Friday, December 08, 2006

I'm Dreaming of a White (Swan) Christmas

The departure ticker is counting down: less than a week until we head to China! I made some modifications to our travel intinerary below (nothing major -just a few more details, if you're interested).

We recently received our travel group intinerary - we are 1 of 11 families from our agency that are headed to Nanning for their children. We also have our hotel accomodations. We will be staying here in Beijing -->

I don't have a photo of the Nanning hotel. But below is a photo of beautiful Nanning. We can't wait to visit!

And for the last leg of our trip, we will be in Guangzhou at the White Swan Hotel. Most adoptive families seem to end up here. The White Swan is the home of the famed "red couch" (actually, there' s more than one, I'm told), upon which nearly every child who has passed through is photographed. (Consider yourself warned...Red Couch photos coming to a blog near you SOON!) Additionally, the White Swan provides, courtesy of Mattel, "Coming Home Barbies" for the girls. This is a lovely little Barbie mommy holding an Asian baby. I wasn't planning on K having a Barbie for her first birthday, but I can live with it I suppose...especially since the Barbie mommy looks so much like her own (I say this for the benefit or those of you who have never seen me...I want you to have an accurate picture in your head....bwah-ha-ha!).
Well, off to pack a little more while I can. Q has collapsed on the couch after a full afternoon of adoption-related errand running. At least the bank teller offered him a lollipop, so the day wasn't a total loss for him.

No comments: