Did I mention in my last post that the Chinese have really taken to celebrating Christmas? Of course, it's all Santa and no baby Jesus, as far as I could see at least. Anyway, it was a New Year's Eve-like atmosphere around the hotel last night. All sorts of celebrating by the locals and visitors from other provinces. The place was packed with people looking at the lights and decorations. There was even a gingerbread house with a live Santa in a park near the hotel. After a short walk around the hotel in the evening, we stayed put in our room, put Keira to bed (no crying at all!! woo-hoo! a first!), and later I watched a webcast of the Sunday morning Christmas Eve service at our home church. I needed a taste of home and some real Christmas spirit.
Earlier in the evening, our whole travel group had Christmas Eve dinner at a Thai Restuarant nearby - The Cow and Bridge. The food was good, and even Santa stopped by to give the kids candy.
Keira cried when she saw him, so there's no cute photo to show there (all Chris got on the camera was the back of her head, as she turned away from Santa and towards me with arms outstretched!)Here's the view (the Pearl River) from our hotel room on Christmas Eve night:

And now, Christmas morning view, from the 14th floor:
All dressed up for Christmas morning, although still a bit of bed-head:
I used to tease Chris about having pretty funny looking bed-head, but this girl takes the cake. One of the other moms here describes it best: firecracker hair! Seems Keira's not the only one with this problem.And here is what I call our Three-quarters Bright Family Photo:
And, last photo for today:
We hope you are all enjoying Christmas where you are. It seems that Santa has completed his ride over southeast Asia, so I'm sure he's had plenty of time to visit you all in North America!
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:
Merry Christmas!!! miss you lots! love~dana
can't wait until you are home!!
Post a Comment