Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Calgon, Take Me Away!


Well, not actually Calgon in this case. Hoover. As in the vacuum cleaner.

Yup, vacuuming. As calming, restorative therapy. Really.

I can't believe it took me so long to figure out how good - really, really, really good - vacuuming is. I mean, seriously, we've had pets for 14 years and kids for the last 4.5, and I'm just now fully appreciating all vacuuming has to offer?!

Like, for example, time away from the kids. Time away from them and any whining, fighting, crying, or crabbing that might be going on. It's just momma and a household cleaning appliance. And a loud appliance at them. When things get a little dicey between them and I don't feel like facing it head-on, I look for my old buddy, Herbert H. (What I can't hear going on won't hurt them, right?)

And the results are fabulous. Personally speaking, anyway. You see, a few minutes later, you've got clean floors and a clear mind. It is so uplifting.

And if you are lucky, a scene like this is a welcome by-product:

Then again, as they say, results may vary.
You may get this instead:

(Not to worry - no big brothers were actually harmed in the making of this photo....Q was doing his "Franklin" impersonation. And Keira? Just being Keira, I suppose....)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I so need to explore this option from time to time!! LOL
LOVE your style of writing. It cracks me up!

Mary said...

I think I am going to get better acquainted with my vacuum! It may help! We have some hitting going on here too. Gotta love it!